The Future is Bright, The Future is...Green?

POWER OF THE WAAAGH!

The temptation to collect a new 40k army is strong. Even though I have the huge amount of Chaos Space Marines (4500+ points) just crying out to a multitude of Gods for assembly and a lick of paint, the Green tide is calling.

262hcq

HISTORY LESSON

My first 40k model was a metal Plague Marine with Meltagun, but the first army I fell for were the Orks.

This was back in 3rd Edition Warhammer 40k. The Codex, full of ragtag vehicles and crude weaponry, drew me in. I also had the advantage that my friend started collecting them but fancied a change. (This surprised me after watching his force eat my proxied Deathwing army).

Another layer on my Orks love was the Battle for Armageddon campaign. I recall sitting on a beach in Cornwall and reading White Dwarf 248 and Codex: Armageddon after a wander to Games Workshop Truro. Reading about Thraka and playing in the campaign are still great memories.

I attempted to build my own small warband; Couple of mobs of slugga boyz, a mob of shootas, storm boyz and some mega armoured Nobs in a waggon with a Warboss. Drybrushed the lot of it and pushed it about for a few games, getting battered all along, until I switched to a stupidly hard Necron army.

THE MIGHTY HORDE OF WARBOSS, ERM, PAUL

In the display case at GW Manchester there is a monumental Ork army. Paul, the manager, has a gargantuan army featuring some of the greatest conversions I've ever seen. He has enough models to play a 20,000 point game!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="960"] Great use of the Blood Bowl miniatures. (Copyright: Paul Evans)[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="960"] Start of an Ork submarine. (Copyright: Paul Evans)[/caption]

And the monumental Ork creation, Gitstix!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="556"] Oh my Lord! (Copyright: Paul Evans)[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="720"] Ork Tin Opener: (Copyright: Paul Evans)[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="477"] Before.... (Copyright: Paul Evans)[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="477"] After!  (Copyright: Paul Evans)[/caption]

AT AN ORK IN THE ROAD

I know I shouldn't try and collect a second army (especially with the load of Dark Eldar stuff I have gathering dust), but I really want some Orks.

Therefore I am using the carrot and stick method. For each thing I knock off my To Do List, I am allowed one Ork based thing. Be that a unit of Boyz or a vehicle.

Treating myself!

HUMBLE BEGINNINGS

So I've grabbed a couple of tanks, stripped them down and basecoated them Averland Sunset and blocked out some parts.

IMG_20180308_211238.jpg

So far so very Bad Moons. But these won't be Bad Moons or any of the major clans. My own will be Viking themed!

Stay tuned for more

Visit Element Games here (Use the code DAN2300 at Checkout for double points)

Comments

Popular Posts