Exploring the Mirrored City

Lucky Me

In my spare time I like to have a flutter on the football. I won a little bet (£93 in my pocket) so bought the Shadespire starter set.

The rules are simple enough to learn, the cards make it complex, the models are amazingly sculpted. All in all it was a great purchase.

First Match

As i couldn't get to a gaming store, my first game was against my 10 year old. As a veteran of 100s of Pokemon battles, he easily picked up the rules.

Me as Khorne

Him as Stormcast

The first match went with his tactics being to turtle up and claim objectives. My tactics were to load up Saek and chop everything!

I won. Yes, it was against a child, but as Vin Diesel says..

Image result for fast and furious winning is winning meme

 

Picking a Warband

After my debut match of Shadespire I was inspired to paint up my Ironskull's Boyz. Foregoing the standard colour scheme (Yellow? Seriously?) I used these as the test models for my future Orks project.

Still only at tabletop level, they will do while I get some games in

[caption id="attachment_341" align="alignnone" width="960"]Ironskulls 1 The Ladz[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_342" align="alignnone" width="960"]Ironskulls 2 Hakka - My favourite of the sculpts[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_343" align="alignnone" width="960"]Ironskulls 3 Gurzag and Basha[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_344" align="alignnone" width="960"]Ironskulls 4 Bonekutta[/caption]

 

Da Boyz Voyage Forth

With deck advice from the fantastic Facebook Shadespire Community, I now have a basic understanding on the deckbuilding aspect of the game.

And of course I had to find a related podcast. For this it was Claim The City, an excellent resource.

Now to buy up the other warbands for cards and minis.

Afterall, no such thing as too many different games, right?

 

Visit Element Games here (Use the code DAN2300 at Checkout for double points)

Listening to Claim the City podcast here

Comments

  1. It's such a fun little game. Super easy to learn, but has quite a bit of depth with the decks. I'm having a blast playing lately.

    Nice work on the ladz. What color blue is that on the armor? It works well against the green skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers
    The blue, at this stage, is actually Mechanicus Grey over a rust colour. Need highlights next of 1:1 Mechanicus/Dawnstone.

    I am thinking over throwing myself in and entering a one day tournament soonish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. It reads blue in the pics, albeit a grey-blue.

    I haven't done a tournament for it yet, but I'm hoping to. I think it's a great game for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it looks blue in person too. Going for the Space Wolf look so it works for me ha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts