Waterbowl update + FUMBBL

Hello Again


 

Well I will start with an apology for taking so long to make a blog post. I am aware that it's been a while. So lets get into what I have been up to

 

Waterbowl League


17264733_10154930450531211_4907295466686568616_n

In Round 7 my Ogres took on Matt Shaw's Elven Union team and ...... got absolutely decimated.

I despise Elven Union/Pro Elves and came out of this game on the painful side of a 6-0 loss!

Which is why, if I am being honest, I haven't written a fluff piece on the game. I could barely look at my notes afterwards, And I was happy to take a break during the Bye Week.

Round 9 will be against the always great Ringbeard with his Amazon team, followed by Dark Elves in Week 10

 

In other tabletop, I helped Ringbeard with his NAFC preparation. He ran Halflings (my new love) against a Nurgle team. The game ended 1-0 to the 'flings, with me making a mistake in the first half to deny myself a score; I need to count squares away from Treemen.

Getting away from Ogres was a nice palette cleanser, Nurgle being the team that seems to fit my playstyle a little easier.

 

SAWBBL


 

I am using Halflings in the FUMBBL based SAWBBL league. Even though I am not from the Swindon area, the Halfling Half Biscuit are there to prop up the division.

I am also recording each of my SAWBBL games on my YouTube channel, so check the playlist out there!

 

FUMBBL


 

I am using FUMBBL a lot more for my Blood Bowl fix. My record on there isn't the greatest, but this is down to two reasons:

  1. I mainly use Halflings, Nurgle or Ogres

  2. I don't cherrypick games


Unskilled stunty and Nurgle teams are very difficult to use against teams with even a couple of skills, with them being Tier 2 or 3 in usual tournaments.

The cherrypicking in Ranked games is something that I don't buy into. I will play against any team, regardless of TV or Tier. This has meant my Halflings have been up against Skaven, High Elves, and Undead of all varieties.

If I was playing it to pad my rankings up, my Halflings would only play other Stunties, for example. But I like to play, so I don't turn games down.

And speaking of which, if you would like to challenge me, and possibly appear on the channel, sling my an inbox on my Profile Page there.

 

....and finally


 

I am proud to announce my membership to the FLING NATION!

fn_pennant_gingham.png

 

With the newly released Halfling team, along with the YouTube channel and FUMBBL, this Waterbowl season will be the last I use anything but Halflings for the foreseeable future!

Special thanks go to the Two Drunk Flings cast for inspiring me in this decision.

I am just waiting for my shirt now!

 


Visit Element Games here (Use the code DAN2300 at Checkout for double points)


For more Blood Bowl action:

Listen to the Two Drunk Flings podcast here

Listen to the Anything But A One podcast here

Listen to the Double Skulls podcast here

 

Comments

Popular Posts